Wednesday, February 23, 2005

A few things...

Well now that I have been reassured that it's okay to continue my blogging, I guess I need to come up with more to say. Hmm.. three things come to mind:

1. I discovered Finlay Park yesterday. I've been to the post office a million times and never noticed it. I think I've just been too busy too look around and see that something beautiful could be right in the middle of a city. It's a novel concept to me, but when you're there, you forget that you are in downtown Columbia.

2. The law school prom is coming up this weekend, only they don't call it prom, they say "Barrister's Ball." Leave it up to law students to have to make everything sound fancy. And it's not just the name that's fancy, it's the event itself. It's at the Summit Club, which I'm told is on top of one of the skyscrapers, the Catalina's are playing, and there will be open bar and heavy hors d'oeuvres (yes, I had to look on my ticket to see how to spell that). So, being from Dillon, I just don't know what to do with myself at events like these. That is, until I get there and I see a bunch of drunk fools running around and then I feel like the classy one. :) My, how the tables have turned. Stay tuned for the after-event summary.

3. My mom turned 50 today. She started getting gray hair when she was eighteen though so I think her scalp was ready to celebrate this event long before she was. I got mad at the Shoney's lady last year for asking if she wanted the senior citizen discount when she was still in her 40s, but I really couldn't blame her. I guess 50 is a big deal but my mom celebrated it quietly just the way she wanted, by watching American Idol. I love you, mama! :)


That's all I've got for now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Hey, #1 I just discoverd Finlay Park too. Awesome place. I've been before to see Jimmy Eat World, but never knew how cool it was during the day. #2 I was almost invated to that formal, but just as a backup in case somebody else couldn't go. I too am from Dillon and feel quite uncomfortable at upscale things. Drunk folks on the other hand I usually love. Drunk folks like to give high fives a lot. #3 Tell your mom Happy Birthday. She's awesome. By the way Shoney's senior discount starts early...it might be like 35. They'll do anything to get you in the door.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jason,

Sad thing is....i was also invited to the formal but as a backup to the backup....so i'm even further down than you. Jerri....i've never discovered finley park, but i have parked...well in high school....were u there? umm nope, wasn't you. Drunk people like to "close talk" and i feel weird when they are up in my grill piece.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Jerri said...

Well Jason and Justin, I appreciate the comments seeing as how you are the only two people who read what I write. I'm not sure how much longer I will continue blogging because I am no good at pre-planned wittiness. However, I am amazed at your continual ability to accomplish this feat. I am also amazed at how Justin manages to bring up the past in every conversation I have with him. Jason, on the other hand, tries to make the past into the present. You two boyz are a constant source of comic relief, and having you both on "my list" is a great source of pride and humor combined. Please continue with your wonderful literary works even if I drop out of the race.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home