Saturday, July 29, 2006

20 Things I’ve learned this summer:

1. How little I’ve prepared for life after school.
2. How talented I’ve become at procrastinating.
3. How amazing it feels to have friends that I can go pour my heart out to and to know they feel like they can do the same with me.
4. How much more difficult it is to deal with stress when I don’t get any sleep.
5. How friendships that I thought would last forever can fade away as people grow up and their lives change.
6. How I have figured out exactly what I want in some areas of my life yet I am still so clueless in others.
7. How it really feels to wait on God to show me an answer.
8. How incredible it is to know people who can laugh at situations that would bring me to my knees.
9. How weak I still am and how much I lack in the faith and perseverance department when things get tough.
10. How much it hurts to know that I let down someone I really care about unintentionally.
11. How frustrating it is to know that I can’t fix it.
12. How funny timing can be and how much it can change the course of my life.
13. How the bar exam is something I shouldn’t take lightly.
14. How much God can speak to me through other people if I just put myself around the right people.
15. How fast my appearance can go downhill when I sit inside for 3 weeks and do nothing but study and eat.
16. How crazy it is to have spent 4/5 of my life working for something and then when I get there find it’s not all it’s cracked up to be.
17. How much of a relief it is to have the type of friends that will still love me when I don’t feel like being nice or cheerful.
18. How changing the way I think really can change my quality of life.
19. How the thought of not becoming a lawyer doesn’t seem that devastating to me anymore.
20. How I can survive anything with some prayer and some help from my friends. :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Killer Hawk said...

Amen to #'s 3, 7, 12, 16, and 19 - wait, I thought 19 said - "The thought of not SLAPPING a lawyer doesn't seem that devastating anymore" - my bad.

#12 continually amazes me.

7:02 AM  
Blogger stunningman said...

Wow - LOTS of wisdom in those, Jerri. Wish I could say I had learned all of those.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Jerri,
I've got a seat in my boat with your name all over it if you will just come see us one weekend before it's cold again.
Come on up!!!!!!!!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Hawk,
I've got a seat for you too as long as you wear that sexy wetsuit that you dive in. Mmmmmm...yummy.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Jerri said...

Ed, I'm dying to come visit you and Ju. Let me see what I can do about that. :)

Mr. Hawk, perhaps you should seek professional help for your intense predisposition toward an entire profession. Or perhaps you should just move to a country that has no justice system at all. I'm liking option 2.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Killer Hawk said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Killer Hawk said...

MY intense predisposition??? I didn't make up all the 8 billion lawyer jokes that are out there. But, as they say, if the joke fits...
Do you really think that our justice system is better because of our lawyers...really??? It seems to me that lawyers are the cog that bring our justice system to a screeching halt. But I guess that's just as good for them...more hours to bill.

Good luck with that.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Jerri said...

If you have such a problem with what greedy lawyers are doing to our justice system, why don't you become a lawyer or legislator and try to change it instead of sitting back and whining about it. Or are you one of those people who doesn't vote and spends the next four years complaining about the government? Quit pointing out flaws and do something to fix them. If you want to know what is wrong with our world, it's not lawyers, it's people who sit on their couch talking about what needs to change and then never get their lazy butts up to do something about it.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Killer Hawk said...

Jerri,

I really don't have a strong opinion one way or the other - just saw I touched a nerve and thought I'd exploit it a bit. Sorry, it's a bad habit that I'm trying to quit.
Your passion is obvious, and I wish you all the best. Good luck in trying to do you part to help straighten the most crooked profession since organized crime (see, it's really a bad habit...I hate it when that happens - please forgive).

I do like to sit my lazy butt on the couch every now and then though - good call. As long as I've voted, and haven't been complaining.

Have a great weekend.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home