Wednesday, October 05, 2005

...

In the spring you complimented me and kissed my forehead.
I was invincible and oblivious peering from the pedestal you built for me
and I thanked the rain for an excuse to dance with you.
Now my soul shivers at the memory of you and I smile as I remember
learning to love again.

But winter came and you took a piece of me every time you went away.
Bruised and broken I hugged my knees and watched your shadow disappear
and I thanked the rain for hiding my tears from you.
Now my soul shudders at the memory of you but I smile as I remember
learning to love myself again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

this is an amazing poem. did you write it? just curious :) we met back in the day.. about a year ago. I hope you're doing well... keep an eye out for a newbee law student named trey ingram, he married my best friend from hs and just started in the fall at USC. I told him about your no study plan.. I think you could market that!

1:26 AM  
Blogger Jerri said...

Hi Jess, thanks for your comments. :) I'm still trying to figure out where I met you and I'm sure it will come back to me soon. I'll keep a watch out for Mr. Ingram. I have great sympathy for the 1Ls. Yes I did write this poem...something I scribbled down in my two hour criminal sentencing class. See, law school can be useful. :)

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home