Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Drug Testing for College Football COACHES

So the final ballots were revealed yesterday for the USA Today coaches poll. The results? STEVE SPURRIER IS ON CRACK. Not only did he rank 6th place Notre Dame as 14th (come on, they almost knocked off the #1 team in the nation!), he ranked his 29th place Gamecocks as #21!!! Yep, that's right, 3 spots above where he ranked Clemson--"who beat Spurrier's Gamecocks to close out the regular season" (quoted from ESPN.com). Of the 62 coaches that voted, Spurrier showed the most favoritism of any coach (with the exception of the Rutgers coach giving his team a #25 vote). So who did Spurrier knock off the top 25 to give his team an undeserved place on the list? Boston College, the #19 team! Crack kills, Steve. What a shame.

Don't worry, I checked Tommy Bowden too. The most he strayed from the norm was giving 8th ranked Georgia a 12th place vote. Also, I thought it was sweet that Bobby Bowden was kind enough to give the Gamecocks a sympathy vote at number 25 (the same way he did for VT by placing them at number 7 after whupping up on them this past Saturday).

In summary, please get help Steve, the players look up to you. Don't turn to drugs just cause you can't beat the Tigers..it's just something you're going to have to get used to if you want to continue coaching the Gamecocks. :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

On crack??? USC has beaten some good teams this year. Granted they shouldn't be ranked ahead of clemson, but they should be in the top 25. Clemson struggled to beat USC, so if clemson deserves to be ranked USC does as well. At least Steve placed Clemson in the top 25. Bowden is the one smoking crack. With the talent he has on his team, he should be winning more games! If yall had a coach you would be contending for the national championship.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Jerri said...

Awww, come on Corey (whomever you may be), I'm just giving the Gamecocks fan a hard time. I think it was pretty bold of Spurrier to rank them 21st and Notre Dame 14th. I agree with you that Carolina and Clemson were ALMOST equal this year, and the final game of the season proved that in embarassing fashion. If I had ranked the teams, I would have only put Clemson a couple of spots above SC...if I didn't let my bias get in the way. ;) Thanks for debating with me!

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to college with Chris Moody. I was just checking out his blog and stumbled upon your blog. I was just debating in fun. I am definitely not a psycho carolina fan. I just like a little controversy every now and then.

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jerri, Jerri, Jerri... can't believe you are giving us gamecock fans such a hard time when you used to be one of us. Think back really hard to a time when everything you had in your closet was garnet and black. It wasn't THAT long ago. And to think I used to hang out with you. What was I thinking (lol)

Bet you can't guess who this is

4:19 AM  
Blogger Jerri said...

hey guys didn't mean to leave you hanging for so long but I have been without a computer for over a month now. corey i googled you and already figured out that you knew me by chris moody. the internet is a crazy thing. Chris Causey or Owens? is that you?! if so, it's been an absurd amount of time since i have seen or heard from either of you. I'm guessing Owens b/c Chris Causey most likely would have pointed out that I'm technically a gamecock now since I'm at the law school. Don't spread that around. Anyway, thanks you guys for giving me someone to argue with!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

2 months Jerri... time for another post!

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home